An earthquake of magnitude 7.2 occurred today near sandwich Islands in the South Atlantic ocean. The focus lies on a depth of 73 kilometers. The epicenter was located more than 2,500 kilometres from the coast of South America.
- 58.0 km (36.0 mi) NNE of Visokoi Island, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- 2581.0 km (1603.8 mi) ESE of Ushuaia, Argentina
- 2781.0 km (1728.0 mi) ESE of Rio Gallegos, Argentina
- 2795.0 km (1736.7 mi) SE of Puerto Deseado, Argentina
- 2074.0 km (1288.7 mi) ESE of Stanley, Falkland Islands