In California, a series of strong earthquakes. The strongest became the first quake a magnitude of 5.2 points on the Richter scale. It was followed by aftershocks of magnitude 3.5, 3.5, 3.3, 3.0. The epicenter of the earthquake lies at a depth of 1 kilometer in 104км from San Diego and only 22km from the town of Garden springs.
- 22.0 km (13.7 mi) NNW of Borrego Springs, CA
- 24.0 km (14.9 mi) ESE of Anza, CA
- 25.0 km (15.5 mi) NE of Warner Springs, CA
- 43.0 km (26.7 mi) S of Palm Springs, CA
- 68.0 km (42.3 mi) ENE of Escondido, CA
- 98.0 km (60.9 mi) NE of San Diego, CA
- 109.0 km (67.7 mi) SE of San Bernardino, CA