The American died due to an infection provoked by the parasite amoeba living in the soil, writes the Daily Star.
This case became known from a study by scientists at Emory University in Atlanta.
The man felt weak in his body and went to the hospital, where it was found that his brain literally turned into a slurry. The gardener later died from the effects of the infection. The article also clarifies that the man had cancer, but has been in remission for ten years.
It is noted that the amoebas that killed the gardener rather rarely penetrate other organisms and begin to parasitize.