A girl died while charging her phone after lightning struck her home in Pará, Brazil

A teenage girl died from an electric shock when lightning struck her house while she was using her charging cell phone.

Raja Ferreira de Oliveira’s phone was plugged in at her home in Santarem, Brazil, when it was struck by lightning early Sunday morning.

The 18-year-old was using the device when it struck, received a severe electric shock and lost consciousness.

Emergency services were called, but by the time paramedics arrived on the scene, her family had already given her first aid and taken her to the hospital.

Unfortunately, Raja was pronounced dead on arrival.

She was the third electrocution victim in the Brazilian state of Pará last week, which has a population of 8,777,124.

Semeo Tavares was on a telephone call in Curua when he was struck by lightning during a thunderstorm on Aug. 25.

Medics reached him while he was still alive, but he died of his injuries.

Councilman Raymundo Brito, a member of the political party Progressistas, was electrocuted during the same storm as he was plucking a duck at his home in Macura.

He was presumably not using his phone at the time.

Brito managed to call for help and was taken to a local medical center where he was treated.

After Raji’s death, experts again warned of the dangers of using a cell phone while charging, especially during thunderstorms.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x