A resident of Bremen died after his own dog licked

In the German city of Bremen, a 63-year-old man died from pathogenic bacteria contained in the saliva of his domestic dog, which licked him. This is reported by the Daily Mail tabloid.

The patient was admitted to the hospital with flu-like symptoms. Soon, sepsis was added to fever and shortness of breath. Symptoms such as bruising and neurotic pain were added later. After some time, his kidneys, liver and circulatory system failed, after which he was diagnosed with gangrene. Then the man’s heart stopped, but the doctors resuscitated the patient. 16 days after admission to the hospital, the patient developed pneumonia and also accumulated fluid in the brain. The family decided to disconnect him from life support devices.

The reason was infection with the bacteria Capnocytophaga Canimorsus, which are found in the saliva of dogs and can enter the human body after a bite or in the event of close contact with an infected animal. According to experts, the man’s pet brought them when he licked the owner.

Earlier it became known that in Africa, tourists, taking photographs, approach the gorillas too close, putting them at risk of infection with viruses and infections. In particular, 11 mountain gorillas fell ill in Rwanda, two died.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x