Flies in front of the eyes are a common phenomenon that bothers many people. But is there really a way to control these unpleasant phenomena? In this article, we’ll look at scientific sources to learn more about flies in front of your eyes and possible ways to eliminate them.
What are flies in front of my eyes?
Flies in front of the eyes are small, dark dots that appear to float in the field of vision. They can have different shapes, such as dots, threads or spider webs. They usually appear because of changes inside the vitreous body of the eye. The vitreous body is a clear, jelly-like substance that fills the eyeball and helps maintain its shape.
Why do flies appear in front of my eyes?
There are several causes of flies in front of the eyes:
1. Aging: Over time, the vitreous body of the eye can change, resulting in the formation of flies before the eyes.
2. trauma: Damage to the eye or head can cause flickers.
3. Eye disease: Certain eye diseases, such as retinal inflammation or retinal detachment, can be associated with flickers in front of the eyes.
4. Migraine: In people suffering from migraine, flickers in front of the eyes may be one of the symptoms.
5. Other factors: In some cases, flickers in front of the eyes may be related to high blood pressure, diabetes, or even the use of certain medications.
How can I control flickers in front of my eyes?
There are several methods that can help control flies in front of your eyes:
1. changing the focus of your gaze: Try to focus your vision on different objects to reduce the perception of flies in front of your eyes.
2. Turning your eyes: Try turning your eyes slowly in different directions so that the flies in front of your eyes move.
3. eyelid massage: Some people have noticed that massaging the eye lids can help reduce the number of flies in front of their eyes.
4. Stress management: Stress can increase the perception of flies in front of your eyes, so try using relaxation techniques to reduce its effects.
5. Consult a doctor: If the flickers in front of your eyes bother you a lot or worsen, see a doctor. He or she will be able to determine the cause and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Additional options for removing the flicker in front of your eyes
Scientific studies show that some additional methods may also be useful in eliminating the flies in front of your eyes:
1. Adding certain supplements to the diet: Studies show that certain supplements, such as vitamin C, vitamin E and lecithin, can help improve the vitreous body of the eye and reduce the number of flies in front of the eyes.
2. laser therapy: Some laser therapy treatments can be effective in eliminating flickers in front of the eyes, especially if they are caused by damage to the vitreous body.
3. Vitrectomy: Vitrectomy is a surgical procedure in which the vitreous body of the eye is partially or completely removed and replaced with saline. It may be recommended in cases where the flickers in front of the eyes are severely affecting the patient’s quality of life.
Flies in front of the eyes are an unpleasant phenomenon that can have a negative impact on quality of life. However, there are various ways to control and eliminate these phenomena. It is important to see a doctor to determine the cause and prescribe appropriate treatment. In addition, additional options, such as supplements and surgical procedures, may be effective in some cases.