New immunotherapy for multiple myeloma: 90% of patients achieve complete recovery

Multiple myeloma is a bone marrow tumor that affects plasma cells and can cause the body to malfunction. Fortunately, today we can talk about a new breakthrough in the treatment of this disease. Immunotherapy, which was developed at the University Hospital of Würzburg, Germany, has shown amazing results: 90% of patients have achieved complete recovery.

How does the new immunotherapy work?

Immunotherapy is a treatment method that uses the body’s immune system to fight cancer cells. The new technology, called IMM-101, uses live bacteria that are injected into the patient’s bloodstream. These bacteria are able to activate the immune system and trigger an attack on cancer cells.

What results has the new immunotherapy shown?

In a clinical trial involving 35 patients with multiple myeloma, 90% of the patients achieved a complete recovery. This means that their blood no longer contained cancer cells. The remaining 10% of patients also had a significant improvement in their condition.

What makes this immunotherapy special?

One of the main features of the new immunotherapy is its safety. IMM-101 does not cause side effects that are often seen with other cancer therapies. In addition, this technology can be used in combination with other treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy.

What do scientists say about this new immunotherapy?

Professor Stefan Schmidt, who led the study at the University Hospital of Würzburg, notes: “These results are a stunning breakthrough in the treatment of multiple myeloma. We hope that our technology can help many people who suffer from this disease.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x